The Bishop’s Annual Appeal is the vehicle the Diocese of Gallup has undertaken to raise the funds necessary to fulfill the mission of the Catholic Church in the Diocese.

 

In 2015, 94% of Bishop’s Appeal monies went toward funding various ministries – the remaining 6% was spent on production costs. With your generous help, $412,712 was raised for programs such as seminarian tuition, soup kitchens and emergency housing for families, and Catholic Schools scholarships for low-income students.

 

Every gift and every prayer helps.

 

Everyone can participate according to their abilities. Thoughtful prayer and discernment can help each household consider what is appropriate for them to pledge.

 

Each parish benefits from Diocesan ministries. Through support of our clergy, religious education, and charitable works, all Catholics are positively impacted by ministries of the Diocese. The goal for each parish is 100% participation through prayers and offerings.

 

 

Bishop’s Message:

My Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

 

“Each year, I am grateful to announce the Bishop’s Annual Appeal and ask for your generous prayers and donations. This year, I am once again issuing the call to each of you to follow the example set by Christ in loving and caring for our neighbors.

 

We are now in the midst of the Jubilee of Mercy, a year in which Pope Francis has called us to live with compassion and generosity of spirit. When he first announced the Year of Mercy, Pope Francis said: “The call of Jesus pushes each of us never to stop at the surface of things, especially when we are dealing with a person. We are called to look beyond, to focus on the heart to see how much generosity everyone is capable of. No one can be excluded from the mercy of God; everyone know the way to access it and the Church is the house that welcomes all and refuses no one.”

 

This is true of our own diocese, in which the Church welcomes people of all backgrounds and cultures. The Bishop’s Annual Appeal supports the ministries of the Diocese of Gallup that bring the mercy of God to all – ministries such as soup kitchens and emergency housing for families, scholarships for Catholic school students, support for our seminarians and retired priests, and outreach to young people, inmates, and immigrants.

 

Each of these spiritual and corporal works of mercy is made possible by you, the Catholics of the Diocese of Gallup, through your prayers and donations.

 

By supporting the Appeal, you are strengthening the local Church, spreading the compassion of God, and following Christ’s call to love one another as He has loved us.

 

I am grateful for the love each of you displays in following Christ, through your prayers, words, and actions, and I offer my own prayers and efforts to yours as we answer the call to live the Gospel.

 

I remain, sincerely yours in Christ,

 

Bishop James S. Wall”

"The call of Jesus pushes each of us to never stop at the surface of things, especially when we are dealing with a person. We are called to look beyond, to focus on the heart to see how much generosity everyone is capable. No one can be excluded from the mercy of God; everyone knows the way to access it and the Church is the house that welcomes all and refuses no one."

- Pope Francis

×